An Asian Christian woman living in London blogging about the everyday issues of religion

Sunday 22 February 2015

A Simple Explanation of What Lent is About

The following was printed in the prayer sheet at Church today and I think it's the most succinct and simple explanation that I have ever seen on what Lent is about:

Lent is the period during which we prepared for Easter. 
At this time we are encouraged to practice self-examination, 
penitence, self-denial, study and generous giving
 to those in need. 


I have found a website that lists prayers for the whole Lent period. This is today's prayer.

Lord God, 
you who breathed the spirit of life within me.
Draw out of me the light and life you created.
Help me to find my way back to you.
Help me to use my life to reflect your glory
and to serve others
as your son Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment