An Asian Christian woman living in London blogging about the everyday issues of religion

Monday 14 October 2013

Why We Should All Watch the McCann Appeal Tonight

One of my pet hates in life is voyeurism. Other people's lives are not cheap entertainment, in my view, despite the proliferation of reality TV show. But there is something different about tonight's TV appeal for information on missing Madeleine. The amount of publicity generated has captured the public's attention. This is what the McCann's must wish for. At first I wondered whether I ought to watch Crimewatch tonight - I was not anywhere near Portugal 6 years ago. However, every Sunday I pray for the return of Madeleine and for the end of child abuse. A missing and hurting child is the result of the world's evils. Therefore, It seems silly and naively moralistic to not watch the appeal. Someone or any one of us could recognise the e-fits that will be shown of possible suspects. Please say a prayer while watching the appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment