An Asian Christian woman living in London blogging about the everyday issues of religion

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Were you rattled by the storm?

I was woken at 5.30am yesterday morning when a strong gust of wind blew against my balcony door. I watched and wondered how many seconds it would be before the glass was shattered and the door blown off. Neither happened but in those few seconds I was praying hard. I was rattled. If nothing else it was a lesson in empathy. Pictures of hurricane victims fill our TV screens on a regular basis. People who lose their property and lives seem a million miles away. I now have a modicum of insight into the fear and helplessness that must engulf people who actually have lost property and loved ones. A blown off balcony door is nothing in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment