An Asian Christian woman living in London blogging about the everyday issues of religion

Saturday 30 July 2011

What are you blogging about?

There is an interesting post on http://victhevicar.blogspot.com/ about how some Christian bloggers tend to blog about the same issues because they use the news as their inspiration for blog posts. Vic does say more than this, I am paraphrasing in a lazy manner. Anyway, as I am guilty of using contemporary political issues as blog fodder I thought I would rise to the challenge and, instead, write about something that has entirely emanated from my personal experience.

I was at Heathrow Airport today seeing my mother off on a flight to Malaysia, where she lives. While there I had a conversation with an English woman who was checking in for the same flight. I assumed that she was off on holiday to Malaysia but it turned out that this English woman actually lived in Malaysia and was going 'home''. She had moved to an island off the mainland of Malaysia a few years ago from the UK to enjoy a life by the sea. I was born in Malaysia but consider the UK my home now. If I needed an example of Globalisation in practice and the movement of human beings as a result, there it was. It felt odd talking to someone who knew far more about Malaysia than I did of the country I had been born in.

I hope this story makes sense. If it doesn't do let me know and I will stick to political issues as a starting point for my blogging.  What are you blogging about?

6 comments:

  1. It does because my mother was born in Burma, and lived in Kuala Lumpur as a child; her father was Chief Inspector of Small Arms there. So I heard a lot about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Robert,
    Thank you. Did you ever visit Malaysia yourself?
    Many congrats on your anniversary.
    God Bless
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, what a coincidence. Prompted by Vic's post I took the time to try to articulate some thoughts on the death penalty, repentance and forgiveness.

    Not an easy topic and I'm not sure I'm that coherent or logical, but I had a go at this toughie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear James,
    I just read your brilliant post.I feel uneasy about the thought of having the death penalty reintroduced. However, I once met someone who works in the law enforcement field of child abuse and she told me that nothing short of the death penalty is enough for these abusers.
    God bless
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story does make sense. I too have links with Malaysia. My grandparents (from Scotland)lived in Kuala Lumpur for many years and my mother spent her early childhood there. I heard so much from them and have many photos of KL of many decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nancy,
    I am absolutely amazed at how many people in the UK have a connection with Malaysia. The connection is normally for work reasons through being in the army or the diplomatic services.
    God bless
    Jane

    ReplyDelete