An Asian Christian woman living in London blogging about the everyday issues of religion

Tuesday 21 June 2011

The Frustration of Being in the CoE (sometimes)!

Sometimes I truly get frustrated by the things that our Church hierarchy does. A few weeks ago I blogged about how chuffed I was that our Archbishop had waded into politics. Those of you who read my blog post of last week will know that I am a Tamil. For a week I have waited for the Church to say something about the screening of the programme titled 'Sri Lanka Killing Fields' by Channel 4. Today I am so frustrated and could kick a stump of tree even knowing that it would hurt me.

It's being reported in the Church of England newspaper that a Bishop has questioned the legitimacy of the killing of Osama Bin Laden. This is what he says, ' “Putting someone on trial matters because the truth matters,”. This is certainly true and my gripe isn't with his logic but with the failure to grasp the difference between an academic argument and the reality of current suffering. Discussing Bin Laden's death is an academic analysis of legal principles. We have thousands of Tamils in this country and many of whom are Christians too. Doesn't the Church have anything to say about a matter that is being discussed by UN members today? Or about the situation in Syria?

No comments:

Post a Comment